The SAFE project (2017-2019), funded under the Erasmus+ element of the European Commission, proposes a new approach in the VET training in the old age care field in the five partner countries of Finland, Romania, Greece, Italy and Portugal. The focus of the project is on training professionals and implementing cooperation mechanisms and procedures for combating violence and abuse against older women.
The target groups of the project are:
- social and health care teachers and trainers/educators
- social and health care professionals working in the home care and in residential settings
- local/regional social and health care decision makers in the community
The main objectives of the project are:
- To improve quality of teaching and training for developing working life oriented training curriculum of prevention of violence against older women in the Collaborative Learning Groups and in the framework of Professional Learning Community Model;
- To improve professional development of teachers and trainers to work as educators in violence against older women area and in gender specific issues, challenging ageism and gender discrimination from international Human Rights and Women’s Rights perspective;
- To improve capacity of social and health care professionals to identify and intervene abuse of older women and empower them in home care and residential settings;
- To support social and health care authorities and professionals, and stakeholders to develop intervention measures in cases of violence against older women.
More information on the project website at http://www.safeeuproject.eu/