The Two Moons project (2018-2020), funded under the Erasmus+ element of the European Commission, aims to develop education resources to improve and enhance older people’s knowledge of their human rights and by so doing empower them to safeguard their well-being. The project involves older people, social care professionals and community members in a collaborative creative process, providing older people with an opportunity to share their stories in print, and through documentary theatre. The project partners are NGO from Ireland, Italy, Romania and Finland. The expertise of documentary theatre is provided by The Gaiety School of Acting, The National Theatre School of Ireland and Associazione di Promozione Sociale Teatri d’Imbarco, Italy.
The objectives of the project are:
- develop with older people education resources on human rights that reflect their reality
- empower older people to protect themselves by knowing about their human rights
- design the resources for use not only by older people but also policy makers, service providers, young people
- enhance a rights based approach to adult safe-guarding
The project outcomes include:
- a booklet ‘My Rights, My Well-Being’ about stories where older people’s human rights were infringed
- a documentary theatre script using the words and stories of older people, further developed as monologues
- a guide to hosting the performance and talkback session
- audio of monologues
More information on the project website.
Download our leaflet.